Customer Success Manager - Public Sector
Hi, we’re Rheaply!
Over the past year, the world has cultivated a new sense of appreciation for everyday stuff. With global supply chains collapsing and operating budgets shrinking across the board, we have seen the demand for goods and services skyrocket. The obvious solution to being more resourceful and cost-conscious has been to increase the value of everything already around us. At Rheaply, we’re helping organizations do that by developing better inventory management and resource sharing tools. Although rewarding, this problem is not ours alone to solve, which is why we need extraordinary talented people like you to join our team. While we’re also excited to one day meet in person (and hopefully soon!), we are ready to conduct our entire interviewing and onboarding process remotely.
Founded in 2016, Rheaply, Inc. is a Chicago-based technology company focused on solutions for making organizations more efficient, sustainable, and connected. Rheaply has developed and launched the only exchange technology for people to share their ideas and surplus items with each other to reduce time, costs, as well as environmental waste. On Rheaply’s Asset Exchange Manager (AxM), users from all departments can access equipment, supplies, and expertise from members in the same organization or beyond. Recently, Rheaply has been featured in The New York Times, Nature, VERGE, and Greenbiz, chosen as a 10 Big Idea in Innovation by Chicago Magazine, a Circular Economy Solver by MIT SOLVE, and received the 2019 & 2020 Sustainable Procurement Leadership (SPLC) Award for Circular Economy Leadership among other notable awards and recognitions.
As we continue to expand our business, we are seeking a Customer Success Manager to join our current Customer Success team and manage our public sector customers. This is a highly collaborative role that will lead cross-functional teams and projects.
Why is this role special?
You’ll meet our public sector users in their world. Our users are real people that live beyond the walls of Rheaply. It’s our mission to research their personal goals, values, and motivations so that we can help them achieve success.
You’ll lead our public sector customers to success. Rheaply has partnered with a range of institutions, from city governments to the United States military, to help them efficiently manage and deploy government-owned assets.
You’ll transform how organizations manage assets. We’re focused on developing reuse networks on every level - organizationally, geographically, and globally. You’ll start by helping our customers develop a culture-shift toward better asset management and waste diversion practices.
You’ll work with a group of driven problem solvers. Our team is extremely collaborative, which means you will act in unison with our Marketing, Engineering, and Product teams to deliver world-class solutions. There’s no question that the work you do will always be rewarding.
You’ll join us in our youth. Although we’re beginning to hire fast for all positions, Rheaply is still a close knit team today. This means you’ll have an opportunity to make a significant imprint on company culture, and you’ll also have a leading hand in the processes and workflows we build to help drive our team and users to value.
What you’ll do (the nitty gritty):
Modernize and support asset management and reuse programs of General Property, Plant, & Equipment (PP&E) across the US Department of Defense or other government and public sector agencies.
Craft joint customer success plans with Primary Stakeholders, Unit Deployment Managers, and Property Managers that include agreed upon scope and timelines.
Immerse yourself in the language and culture of our public sector customers. Take ownership of product configuration and implementation to meet their needs and drive adoption.
Strengthen and deepen government relationships to help influence their long-term technology, business, and sustainability initiatives.
Proactively identify at-risk customers and work with internal teams to define and execute mitigation strategies to increase customer health.
Treat every customer interaction as a discovery opportunity for improving platform maturity and user adoption.
Deliver engaging presentations and training with platform administrators, users, and other stakeholders.
Help maintain our go-to-market resource library of content for our users, including help articles, case studies, videos, webinars, etc.
Focus on short and long term business objectives including user experience, renewal and upsell, and revenue.
Stay up to date with sustainability and circular economy trends to generate new ideas.
What You’ll Need:
At least 2 years of work experience looking at departmental policies, processes, systems, and training associated with the management of government-owned property.
At least 2 years of work experience in customer-facing customer success, account management, or strategic consulting roles.
Experience managing customer journeys for a SaaS-based web application or within an industry where customer loyalty is essential.
U.S. citizenship and the ability to pass a background check if requested by our customers.
It helps if you have:
Worked in government before, whether serving in the military, managing property, or implementing software platforms. Rheaply is augmenting or replacing complex legacy systems and any insider knowledge will expedite your learning curve.
Experience building customer success plans for kickoff and goal alignment, platform implementation, marketing and rollout, user adoption, and renewals.
A sharp eye for identifying areas where resources fall short of needs and provide thoughtful and balanced solutions to benefit the team.
Strong, confident, and exacting written and speaking skills. You communicate your vision and roadmap effectively to a wide variety of partners.
A genuine interest in the happiness, well-being, and success of everyone on your team.
Comfortable with ambiguity and able to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
A builder who is able to pivot to the needs of a growing business and culture.
Curious, research focused, ready to learn, and someone who over communicates.
Living Rheaply’s Core Values. (see below)
At Rheaply, we envision a world where all assets and resources are highly visible, searchable, and reusable. Oh, and we love what we do, like, really love what we do. So, join us today to help us achieve our mission!
Rheaply’s Core Values
At Rheaply, we thrive to provide the most seamless experience for our AxM users, enabling our client organizations to achieve full utilization of their assets, thereby reducing costs and waste by keeping valuable resources in circulation. As a team, we pledge to execute our work in accordance with our seven Core Values.
- We Listen To and Delight Our Users -- Our users are our most important stakeholders. We strive to provide the most seamless user experience and value to our users across client organizations. We do our best to have empathy for their problems and challenges. We listen to users’ feedback and provide timely responses to questions and needs.
- We Encourage Individual Team Member Growth, Innovation, And Happiness -- Our people are our most valuable assets. Rheaply’s success is dependent upon the collective drive, intelligence, curiosities and contributions of all of our team members. We care for the wellbeing of each team member and ensure that they have the support and mentorship they need to succeed at Rheaply and beyond.
- We Value Transparency, Humility, and Open Communication -- The key determinant to our successful market execution is our ability to communicate and share successes, learnings, insights, struggles, and solutions across our teams. At Rheaply, we strive to cultivate a culture of intelligence with humility. We care about hearing each member’s voice and understanding his or her unique perspective.
- We Care About Our Communities And The Environment -- Rheaply is driven by the mission to reduce our environmental footprint and accelerate our transition to a circular economy. We strive to live by our mission of promoting environmental awareness and waste reduction in our decisions and actions at Rheaply and beyond.
- We Promote A Collaborative Culture of Learning and Problem-Solving -- Rheaply is committed to finding straightforward solutions to complex problems. We are constantly learning from each other, from our clients, and from our competitors. We strive to understand problems at the microscopic level and become industry experts in building, deploying, and iterating sustainable, circular solutions.
- We Are Tenacious and We Own Our Work -- At Rheaply, we are dedicated to enabling the transition to a more circular world. We are relentless about our mission and vision. We hold ourselves accountable for our words and actions, both internally and in the market.
- We Strive To Be Helpful -- We view all the work we do at Rheaply as daily, non-stop efforts to help and support each other, our clients, our users, our partners, and our shared environment.
In addition, Rheaply, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status, in any of our activities or operations. These activities include, but are not limited to, hiring and firing of staff, selection of volunteers and vendors, and provision of services. We are committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for all members of our staff, clients, interns, volunteers, subcontractors.